Tommy Samuel’s Garage, Ahsahka Idaho
Former gas station that operated from 1920’s or 30’s until late 1950’s with abandoned underground storage tank (UST).
March 2003-Abandoned USTs reported to Nez Perce Tribe April 2003-Field investigation by Tribe confirmed site history and Tribe reported site to EPA.
August 2005-Tribe and a representative of Bristol Environmental and Engineering Services Corporations (Bristol) conducted a site evaluation.
June 2006-Tribe provided oversight for Bristol’s removal a 550 gallon UST, which was cleaned, removed, and scrapped for salvage. Results of soil samples taken for analysis were below Idaho Department of Environmental Quality’s Initial Default Target Levels.
December 2006-EPA issued No Further Action letter. Work funded by EPA through LUST program. Site suitable for unrestricted use.