Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union, Craigmont
Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union in Craigmont is a former a gas station known as Stop N’ Go and was in operation until the 1970’s. The property was also used as a smoke shop and pizza parlor. The Credit Union acquired the property and as part of the remodeling project had the 4 underground storage tanks (UST’s) decommisioned and removed in December of 2003 and a No Further Action letter was issued March 2004.
- March 2004 NFA Issued
- January 2004 analytical lab results from soil samples taken from excavation were below tier 0 cleanup levels and tank pits were backfilled.
- January 15, 2004 3- 2500 gallon gasoline and 1- 1500 gallon diesel UST’s decommissioned and removed.
- December 17, 2003 30 day notice of closure sent by Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union. Estimated tank ages are 60 years old.
- September 12, 2003 WRD and EPA were notified by the Cottonwood Community Federal Credit Union that they had foreclosed on the former a gas station known as Stop N’ Go and were converting the property into a branch office.
- August 1993 Anonymous complainant called and stated that tanks were found near a removed sidewalk section on Bus. Hwy 95.