Winchester Hotel, Winchester ID
The Winchester Hotel located at 605 Nez Perce Ave, Winchester ID, was demolished by the site owner January 2012. Local residents collected much of the old timber and beams. A complaint was lodged with EPA of the possibility of asbestos in the debris August 2012. The owner had an AHERA certified building inspector complete an asbestos survey July 2013 as required by EPA. Laboratory analysis documented that the site is free of asbestos.
- August 10, 2012 EPA Site Inspection. Owner agreed to hire an abatement company to finish removing debris.
- August 14, 2012 Water Resources, Nez Perce Tribe, was contacted to investigate a oil drum on site that was leaking,
- August 15, 2012 Water Resources, Nez Perce Tribe performed a site inspection and sampled contents of the drum. Up righted drum. Leaking only from bung plug
- August 28, 2012 Lab results confirmed that contents of barrel are waste oil. Report sent to site owner.
- September 2012 Site owner finished cleanup of site
- July 2013 Asbestos survey completed and copied to EPA
Site is ready for redevelopment